DEPT. OF ARCHAEOLOGY

Home :: Conservation :: Monuments  :: Fort

BACK

MANORA - SARABENDRARAJA PATTINAM

Manora was built by Thanjavur Maratha King Sarofoji-II in the year 1814 CE in commemoration of victory of the British over Napolean. The word ‘Manora’ was derived from the word ‘Minar’. This hexagonal shaped eight storeyed tower is 75 feet in height. The tower, surrounded by a rampart wall and a moat, looks like a fort.

Location: 25 km from Pattukkottai


Manora Minar 

[ Top ]